Essential Small Business Bookkeeping Solutions
Enterprise Financial Group's Team of Small Business Advisors provide quality business services that are of value to businesses of any size.
Through the efficient utilization of technology and a trained, experienced staff, ESBA is able to offer a range of quality services which prevents small businesses from having to hire an employee or large consulting agency.
The ESBAs team of Small Business Accounting Advisors have extensive experience in numerous accounting software platforms, so the group can work with whatever platform a business already has to produce timely and accurate data that they need to make meaningful business decisions.
ESBA has a bricks and mortar location where clients will call, speak to a person (usually the person who is actually working on their books) and service will be prompt and immediate. Clients will be able to get service at their business location, through the cloud, or can visit ESBA headquarters for training.
When you hire ESBA, you get all the expertise ... Not just a bookkeeper, an entire accounting department.
Receive a monthly report package, giving you valuable information to help you manage your business
Use current financial information to help identify strategic opportunities and expose developing weaknesses
Have a trusted partner to discuss results and ask questions
Additional oversight to strengthen internal controls
Know your current and forecasted cash position
Up-to-date processing of receivables and payables to help shorten your cash cycle
Have up-to-date information to give your CPA or tax preparer, so they can spend their time advising you and developing strategy ... not logging stale receipts
We work together as a team to develop a source of information to suit the needs of your unique business
Enterprise Bank and EBC were founded by small business owners much like you. We have a wealth of experience in the start-up of new businesses. Our consultants are always available to answer questions and communicate our experiences as they relate to your situation.
These are only some of the services that we can provide during the start-up phase of your small business.
- Software Selection: Our staff has experience with many accounting software packages used in many different industries. We will work with you to help you select a package which best suits your business and budget.
- Accounting System Set-up: Once you have selected a software package, your EBC consultant will install and load your company’s specific data into the system or help your staff to do so. This includes the creation of your initial chart of accounts, entry of accounts payable and accounts receivable database information, and set-up of company preferences and initial account balances.
- Financial Reporting: EBC will interact with you and your CPA to create a routine package of financial reports. This will allow you and your accountant to receive the information necessary to run your business in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Budgeting and Planning: In order to track the performance of your new business, your EBC consultant can load your business plan and budget information into your software. By doing this, you can then set up reporting that will track actual results against plan.
It is the primary objective of our Bookkeeping Services Group to provide efficient, cost effective bookkeeping services.
The sale of accounting software products is not the main focus of our business. However, if you are in need of assistance in selecting accounting software, our consultants have a vast knowledge of various cloud based and desktop software packages and we can help identify the benefits and detriments of each. Upon selection of a bookkeeping software program, we can help with installation and set-up, so that you can be confident that your system will run correctly and efficiently. A couple of the most popular software packages available now are:
TheBIZ – The Ease and Efficiency of the Cloud
TheBIZ is a new and unique accounting application that will link directly to your Enterprise Bank account online to download and automatically classify transactions. Being a cloud based application means that you have the ability to access your data from anywhere, even your mobile device! TheBIZ also has optional modules that seamlessly integrate with the product which allow you to pay bills and accept customer payments online.
Not a fan of the cloud? Not a problem! In order to better serve clients who use Intuit’s QuickBooks® desktop software, EBC has become a certified member of the QuickBooks® Pro-Advisor program. Our staff has undergone formalized training and testing on QuickBooks products in order to obtain this certification. As members of the Pro-Advisor program, EBC is eligible for preferred pricing on new products and software updates. We pass that preferred pricing on to you.
Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
Are you a mid-sized business whose accounting needs are a little more complex? Does your business have more than one location? Do you have more than one company or subsidiary? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your business may need to upgrade to an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system like Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains. However, implementation of an ERP can be a complex and costly process, which is why EBC can be here to assist you, whether you are starting fresh with a new ERP system or converting from an introductory accounting application.
Standard monthly package can include:
Import and post transaction detail
Bank Account Reconciliation
Review posted transactions and recommend reclass entries
Make necessary adjustments to interfaces to fix recurring posting errors
Process accounts payable, including manual checks and online bill payments
Fixed Asset Accounting
Record prepaid expenses and accruals
Cash Receipt Recording
Client Telephone support, as needed
Report Package can include:
Profit & Loss versus Budget
Profit & Loss Monthly Trend
Cash Flow Statement
Ratio and Peer Analysis
Aged Accounts Receivable
Aged Accounts Payable
- Accounting Software Implementation, Conversions, and Training
- Develop Processes and Controls
- Long-Term Projections and Planning
- Detailed Analysis and Financial Modeling
- Audit Services (Financial, Operational, Compliance)
CFO, Controller, or Accounting Staff on a part-time or temporary basis
EBC’s bookkeeping services are not intended to replace the services of your Certified Public Accountant (CPA). In fact, many of our clients are referred to us by local CPA firms. Our services are designed to work in conjunction with your CPA, so that you have comprehensive financial management solutions for your small business.
By providing timely and accurate bookkeeping information to your CPA firm, you are able to receive more value for the money you spend for accounting services, guidance, and advice. At the same time, you will have a greater confidence that the advice and planning you are receiving from your CPA is based on reliable, up-to-date data.
When your information is reliable, your CPA firm is able to spend extra time formulating the more complex strategic analysis that it was hired for—rather than spending valuable time verifying and correcting your general ledger.
If after reading the preceding pages you would like to obtain more information, the next step would be to schedule an initial consultation. This meeting is conducted free of charge and allows us to learn more about your business. The meeting usually consists of the following:
- A discussion about your business and the level of service that best fits your needs and budget.
- A look at your current bookkeeping system and software to assess its strengths and weaknesses.
- An analysis of your current trial balance and detailed general ledger, if available, to determine what types of transactions are currently being recorded and to provide a general assessment of the accuracy of those recorded transactions.
- A more detailed discussion of the services offered by EBC as they relate to your business.
We recommend that your CPA attend this initial meeting so that we can get feedback as to what information they would like to receive on a regular basis and what improvements in your bookkeeping system they would like to see take place. Following this initial consultation, we will present a detailed written recommendation, including an estimate of costs for our services.
To schedule a meeting, please contact Michael Drop by phone at (412) 753-8956 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org